The Cal Poly football team’s 2008 schedule is starting to take shape.
Nothing has been announced by the school, because the schedule makers are still trying to fill at least two open dates, but two opponents — San Diego State and Montana — have announced their season openers are against Cal Poly.
Keep in mind, teams can play 12 regular-season games next season. Here’s what I can piece together on Cal Poly’s schedule, which is very unofficial at this point:
- Mustangs open at I-A San Diego State, Aug. 30
- Cal Poly’s home opener is vs. Montana, Sept. 6
- Mustangs also host GWFC games vs. Southern Utah, UC Davis
- Idaho State and South Dakota St. should return nonconference games
- and at least one of the newcomers, South Dakota/North Dakota, will be on the 2008 schedule.
Sacramento State is another opponent Cal Poly might be looking at. The Mustangs didn’t play the Hornets last season for the first time since 1983.
North Dakota State, which like So. Dakota State is leaving the GWFC, is not on the schedule at this point.
The game against I-A San Jose State is scheduled for the 2009 season.